The wonderful work you do is very important and there are many ways to lend a hand and heart to make a difference. We know we can not save lives without the help of our volunteers. We are very fortunate to have such an amazing community.
Thank you for considering the Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society for your group volunteer experience! We are thrilled to offer a variety of experiences for animal loving groups.
What do large group visits include?
Group volunteer visits are up to 3 hours in length. All groups visits will begin at our Education Center located at 1951 River St (formally OLD Louisville rd). Our time together will begin with a 60-minute training session the includes animal welfare information, fun facts about our shelter, safety training, instruction on the days volunteer activities and a tour of the shelter. After training, the volunteer session includes up to 2 hours of volunteering in and around our shelter. Some tasks included socializing with animals and some do not. It all depends on the age and size of the group. Volunteers may meet friendly shelter animals while they are working. Some area will be restricted for the groups health and safety.
No matter how young your child is, they can make a difference for homeless pets in need.
Although we require a minimum age of 16 to volunteer independently at the Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society, we have options for younger children to learn the value of volunteerism and make a positive impact through group volunteering with schools and organizations.
Tell us a little more about your group. Please click the link below to schedule a group volunteer day.
1. While you are walking dogs, PLEASE do not let your dog come into contact with ANY other dog except the one he is kenneled with, even in passing. You should never let them get closer than FIVE FEET to another animal!
2. Animals can be messy! Please wear clothing that you don't mind getting dirty and CLOSED-TOE shoes. Please wear appropriate clothing (no short shorts, tank tops, or clothing with offensive messages)
3. Please do not smoke cigarettes or talk/text on your cell phone while walking dogs or handling cats.
4. If you are supervising children under the age of 18, YOU MUST stay physically with them throughout the duration of your volunteer service.
5. It is very easy to spread germs when handling animals. Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer between each animal. To protect your pets at home, it is strongly recommended that you wash your clothing thoroughly after leaving.
Thank you for stepping up and donating your free time to help make a difference in homeless animals lives! If you are looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity at the Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society, we have many ways for you to get involved. You can help us at events, create a supply drive or fundraiser, or come for a day of spending time with the animals so they can take a break from their kennels.
We do welcome anyone who would like to volunteer. Minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by someone who is 18 years or older while volunteering.